Cutting Dance Music For Free
Posted by Tiger Claw Dance
I am a very big fan of the software audacity. I have used it for years to cut music for dance performances and I have had wonderful luck with it. It is easy to use and free.
Basic Steps for Cutting Music:
1. Import audio track file (you should own this audio file). This is done by File Menu- Import – Audio.
2. Listen to the track using the play, stop, pause buttons.
3. Use the mouse to select the part of the track that I would like to remove and press delete (you need to stop listening to the track first).
4. Optional: Use the Fade out function under the Effect menu to clean up the ending.
5. Export file (usually as Mp3). This is done by File Menu – Export.
This is pretty basic, but there is so much more this program can do. You can adjust sound, remove noise, record audio over top of your music and mix multiple songs together. Below I have some links for more detailed tutorials. Please experiment.
Note: I am not associated with Audacity in any way. I am not being asked by audacity to advertise. I really do like this program.
Have you had any luck with Audacity? Do you have any other programs you could suggest?